Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Back for Good ....

...... From my school days, painting was my passion. During school i played a major role in painting activities, specially in annual exhibitions... And it was a pleasure when people asked "who did that painting??" .. Being a shy boy i always stayed far away from my paintings... into the crowd. When i first joined hostel at sixth standard, on the event of "Bhavan Jayanti" (an hostel celebration day) good painters from our hostel were given the task of painting on invitation cards. My one was selected for inviting the Headmaster of the school. That was the Best award ever...
......After schooling my passion became a past.. After the commencement of my professional life, i thought of starting painting once again.. After 10 years i picked up the brush .. When i held the brush it seemed that i had held the same after 10 hours .. not 10 years .. I had never learnt oil painting ... So i tried the panting on my own .. So the above one is my first oil painting .. Thanks to all my friends who had encouraged and appreciated me. This painting was done on a 18 inch x 14 inch canvas... The empty boats in the painting resembles opportunity.. The greenery above the boats are the encouragements.. The end of the path of the river shows light of hope.. So i couldn't resist myself in starting the journey.. into a tunnel to paradise ....

No comments:

Post a Comment